Strawberry Goat Cheese Bites
Recently I hosted a Java and Jewelry party for Premier Designs. I love brunch food, but, wanted something with a little bit of a bite that still fit the theme. These were perfect!
- 1.5 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 TB sugar OR Agave
- 1 package of gluten free crisps (check out the selection of Schar offered in your local store).
- 4 ounce package of goat cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 TB extra light olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
Putting it Together:
- Combine the strawberries and sugar, allowing them to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine the goat cheese, sour cream, basil, oregano and black pepper until smooth.
- Spread a layer of the cheese mixture over the crisps, top with strawberries.
- Mix the oil and vinegar, sprinkle over the crisps.
- Serve immediately to avoid allowing the crisps to get soggy.