I love Chinese food. I also recognize that eating out is not a great way to make sure your body is receiving the right nutrients, not filled with, well, fillers. This recipe was a hit with the whole family, kids included!
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef (I use 96-4%)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (you can substitute agave)
- 1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 1 TB sesame oil
- 1 heaping tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried ginger
- 1/4 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup brown rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- Brown the beef over medium heat with garlic, sesame oil and ginger.
- Drain the fat.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer.
- Combine quinoa, rice, water and bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the water has been soaked up.
- Pour the beef mixture over the quinoa.
Does it get easier than this? No. Is it a good way to get a leaner protein with essential grains? Yes. Try it out and share your thoughts/modifications/etc!