I don’t have a name for them. But, they were delicious. I love the combination of spices mixed with fresh ingredients like fruit and honey. Great metabolism booster and DELICIOUS at the same time (probably not the best on the carb scale however, if this is where you’re focusing).
Here’s the recipe if you’re interested!
- A Baguette…I rely on Betsy’s Bakery’s gluten-free baguettes…delicious.
- 1 TBS light tasting extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBS butter (or butter substitute)
- 1 cup regular ricotta cheese (part skim doesn’t not provide the creaminess)
- the zest of one lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried onion powder
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic
- Fruit of choice (I recommend grapes or blueberries)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Cut the baguette into slices about 1/2 inch thick.
Butter each piece (both sides)…I use Land o’lakes vegan butter spread.
Lay the pieces out on a holed pizza baking sheet, sprinkle with the garlic.
Bake for around 8 minutes, or until crispy. Remove and let cool.
Mix the cheese, EVOO, lemon zest, salt, onion powder and pepper together until creamy.
Spread the cheese mixture over the baguettes.
Add fruit to each piece.
Drizzle with honey (you cannot go overboard here).
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-46171244-1’, ‘taketwoblog.net’);