No big explanation here other than last night, I was craving warm, hot, garlic-knot-like cheesy rolls. I started experimenting and am pretty happy with the end result! Give them a try to see for yourself!
Gluten Free Honey Garlic Rolls (with Cheese!)
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free flour blend of your choice…I use Pamela’s
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 TB sugar
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 TB honey
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum, garlic, onion, oregano and sugar.
- Add in mayo, milk and honey.
- Stir until mixture reaches a dough consistency.
- Fill muffin tins with 1/2 cup of dough each.
- Bake rolls for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add cheese and additional garlic (if you wish, you could also add butter). Continue baking for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve right away.
They were delicious fresh! Not so great as leftovers…but they hit the spot!
NOTE: I am entered into ZOOMA’s Run to Napa contest, which depends on your vote! The winning blogger AND a reader (could be you!) will win a trip to Napa for the ZOOMA Women’s Half Marathon in June. Right now, I’m in third place, and would appreciate daily votes through February 24! LINK!