Call it an avocado kick. But, lately I’ve been pretty obsessed with them (but you already know this). Packed full of nutrients and healthy fats, they’re a staple of many healthy diets. So, I decided to try something new again.
It’s been gorgeous outside here. After a crazy long, cold winter, we’ve been putting the grill to good use and spending our evenings outside. It’s a glorious thing! So, I decided to combine my newly found love of avocados with the grill. The result was amazing and about as easy as it gets! Seriously…Amazing.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TB lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa
- 1/4 cup shredded monterrey jack cheese
- Peel, pit and halve the avocado.
- combine the olive oil and lime juice, spread over the surface area of each half.
- Sprinkle salt all over the surface of each half.
- Pop each piece on the grill face down for approximately 5 minutes on high. I waited until I saw grill marks.
- Flip the pieces of avocado, fill each hole with salsa and top with cheese.
- Close the grill cover and grill for another 5 minutes (approximately).
Enjoy hot off the grill! Suggested serving: could sprinkle tortilla chips over the top for crunch, but not necessary!