I love avocados, full of healthy fats, they’re a great addition to any meal. But, my husband? Not so much. The creamy texture weirds him out, but, he likes the taste. So, last night I set out to find a way to combine the healthiness of the avocado with some crisp (no breadcrumbs needed!). End result? Fantastic!
Baked Avocado Fries
- 2 whole avocados, sliced with skin removed.
- 2 TB cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup flour (I used gluten free all-purpose flour)
- 2 TB fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Drizzle sliced avocados with EVOO.
- Sprinkle garlic and paprika over the slices.
- Combine flour and cheese.
- Place avocado pieces in egg whites, then dip them into flour mixture.
- Put the slices onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crispy and brown.
It’s that easy. And they were so good. We dipped them in a ranch/barbecue sauce mixture, but you could do anything you’d like or nothing with these! Give them a try!