I love snacking. Being gluten free and hyper-aware of the preservatives, additives and fillers found in most pre-packaged snack foods makes it really hard to sit down and enjoy something without guilt.
Because of this, I set out to create my own alternative. After a few tries, I came up with a recipe that has won approval from the family and a few guests: Parmesan Garlic Crackers…they’re easy to make and delicious. Try them out today!
Parmesan Garlic Crackers
- 3/4 cup all-purpose gluten free flour (I use Pamela’s)
- 3/4 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Parmesan blend
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder (approximate)
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled and cubed
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 egg yolk
- Combine flours, cheese, onion and black pepper until combined.
- Add the butter and use your fingers or a fork to make it into a crumb-like consistency.
- Add the sour cream and egg yolk. Use your hands to blend until the dough stays together.
- Roll the dough out into 2 logs, 12 inches each (I like my crackers to be smaller).
- Wrap each log with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours…you can do it overnight. (I froze one log to use later).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the log into the thickness you desire. Mine were around 1/8 to 1/4 an inch, but they could be thicker if you’d like softer crackers.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until golden brown.
Each log should yield 30-50 crackers depending on the thickness you desire.