You guessed it; it’s Tuesday which means yesterday was Monday…meatless Monday!
The Green Shells were a big hit a few weeks back, so I went with something similar; tried to up the nutrient factor a bit and came up with this: Green Wonton Manicotti. Once again, it was super easy to make and went over well!
Green Wonton Manicotti
- Gluten free wonton wrappers (I use this recipe)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce of your choice (I used Ragu).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare the wonton wrappers according to the recipe.
- In a food processor, combine cheeses, spinach and spices; pulse until the desired consistency is reached.
- Spread the mixture onto individual wonton wrappers and roll into tubes and place in a baking dish.
- Spread desired amount of sauce over the wraps.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
It’s really that easy and the taste is wonderful! Give it a try!
NOTE: I am entered into ZOOMA’s Run to Napa contest, which depends on your vote! The winning blogger AND a reader (could be you!) will win a trip to Napa for the ZOOMA Women’s Half Marathon in June. Right now, I’m in third place, and would appreciate daily votes through February 24! LINK!
Leave a Reply