Ready for something great? We were looking for something a little different and ended with this: Turkey Barbecue Wontons with a Greek Yogurt Relish! They were great, the flavors balanced out well and I was able to hide some veggies in the mix. Give them a try on your own!
Turkey Barbecue Wontons with a Greek Yogurt Relish
- 1 pack of wonton wrappers OR 1 recipe of gluten free wonton wrappers…click here for the ones I use!
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1/2 large sweet onion, minced
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup ketchup (store bought OR homemade..click here for the one I use!)
- 1 TB Worcestershire sauce (be sure there’s no wheat if you’re going gluten free)
- 1 1/2 TB mustard (divided)
- 1 TB brown sugar
- 1 TB white vinegar
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt – plain
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- Brown the turkey breast, onions and corn until the turkey is cooked through. Drain any excess liquid.
- Over medium-high heat, add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, 1 Tb of mustard, brown sugar and vinegar. Simmer until bubbly and until the flavors have a chance to blend.
- Remove from heat (it’s really that easy!).
- Fill each wonton wrapper with your desired amount of barbecue and a sprinkle of cheese (optional). Wrap and seal each wrapper.
- In a preheated oven (400 degrees), bake the wontons for 10 minutes, or until the wrappers are a golden brown. Remove when complete.
- In the meantime, combine the greek yogurt, relish and remaining 1/2 TB mustard in a small bowl, no need to heat, the wontons will be hot on their own.
- Top each wonton with the greek yogurt relish and serve immediately!