Just wanted to send a quick Happy Holidays message to my readers across the world! May you spend time reflecting and enjoying life with family, and may the New Year bring you blessings and joy!
I like to use the Christmas season as a time to reflect and to look into what’s coming.
For our family, the past year has been something completely unexpected…sometimes, I think that’s one of life’s greatest gifts! I’ve learned to slow down, to appreciate every single moment and to find joy in every situation. In the past year, we’ve:
- Decided to move our family across the country to somewhere new, complete with three trips to Asheville, NC, selling our first home, purchasing a new home and everything that comes with a move.
- Seen John enjoy some great success at work, which he truly enjoys.
- Watched our boys grow every day. Our oldest has become quite the thinker, who loves to build things and to analyze everything that goes on around him. Our youngest has found an appreciate for music and loves to figure out how the world around him works…with lots of laughs thrown in.
- Taken numerous trips: Atlantic City, DC, AVL, Disney World and a few places in between.
- Spent time building relationships with new and old friends.
- Welcomed a new niece…and looked forward to the addition of a few new family members to spoil and love on!
- Found our own rhythm and set some big goals for the New Year!
It’s been an adventure…and I hope it has been one for you as well. Think back over your year…what are your highlights? How would you sum up 2014? Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Just a reminder to all of my readers! I’m currently in the process of trying to raise money for New Hope Academy for Team Toby Mac and the Nashville Half Marathon…if you feel compelled to contribute, please visit my fundraising page!