I’m back to it!
Back to focusing on what goes into my body and creating meals that are hits with EVERY member of the family (well…I try at least 🙂 ).
This one, however was one! Thought I’d share!
Sweet Potato Risotto Taco Bake
- 1.5 cups dry Arborio rice (risotto)
- 1 TB Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 2 medium-to-large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 TB chili powder (more or less to taste…I wanted a kick)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp masa harina (you can find this in the international section, on amazon!)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- crumbled Queso Fresca (the crumbling variety)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix Arborio rice and olive oil in sauce pan and heat over medium to high heat until the rice starts to turn golden.
- Add 1 cup of vegetable stock to rice, over medium-high heat and stir until absorbed. After this, continue to add stock, 1/4 a cup at a time until the rice has become soft (but not mushy!).
- In the meantime, cook your sweet potatoes. My method? Wrap them in saran wrap and cook in the microwave, 5 minutes per potato!
- Peel and slice sweet potatoes into cubes.
- Combine arborio rice, sweet poatoes, corn and spices.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
I served with a side of fresh spinach and refried beans with homemade guacamole!
Leave a Reply