New tradition in our home? Meatless Mondays. Hoping to increase this to 3 days a week by the end of February…we will see!
First up? Egg Drop Soup….restaurant style! Enjoy!
Egg Drop Soup – Restaurant Style
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth *because of the meatless Mondays theme, we used veg. broth…chicken broth works well!*
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 TB cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- Set aside 1/2 cup broth
- Pour the rest of the broth into a medium saucepan along with the spices…bring to a rapid boil.
- In another bowl, stir together the 1/2 cup broth and cornstarch until smooth…set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and yolks until creamy.
- Drizzle forkfuls of the eggs into the boiling broth, they should cook and get silky right away.
- After the eggs have been added, pour the cornstarch mixture into the soup gradually while stirring, until desired thickness has been reached.
Leave a Reply