It’s been awhile friends! Most of you know the reasoning…that we’ve moved out of Pennsylvania and into a new home and life in North Carolina. Many of you also know that this move was full of questions for me. I had no idea what the future would look like and what we’d find here. Let me be clear up front in saying that while those fears were not unfounded…they may have been unnecessary.
We have been blessed with much as we settle in. Many of you have asked for updates…let me share a few of the highlights:
- The weather has been fantastically mild. In fact, the past two days we reached the 60’s. We couldn’t ask for anything more.
- We were welcomed into our new church home Sunday and it felt like coming home. It’s a great feeling and we look forward to growing with Summit Church and doing life with some great people.
- Our home has come together well. We are mostly unpacked. While we are still waiting on a few pieces of furniture, things are shaping up well.
- We will be starting our Friday Night dinners this week, inviting whoever wants to come! So far it’s mostly established friends, but we are anxious to see what these grow into, and to get to know those we’ve already met better!
- The boys have found a few friends. Let’s rephrase that – many potential friends. Our neighborhood is FILLED with children their ages and we’ve spent the past 2 days outside playing with those children. I’ve also started to get to know their parents. Coming from a place where few of our friends had kids and a neighborhood without children, this is an amazing blessing. We’ve been told that in the summer, everyone spends pretty much all day outside!
- We’re starting to adjust to a more laid back lifestyle. Things really do move at a slower pace here and we absolutely love it. The rush and stress that we didn’t even realize we were living in has been reduced.
- John’s work is going well. He is getting to know his team and is working hard to keep things moving forward smoothly.
- We’ve started to identify local stores, have started local accounts and have found great medical teams…this is big.
Asheville – so far – seems like an amazing place with so much potential. We love the outdoor lifestyle and are excited to jump in. It’s only been a week, but it’s been a great one. We appreciate all the positive thoughts and prayers that were coming our way during this transition. I’m sure it won’t always seem so smooth, but for right now, we are simply overwhelmed with thankfulness!
Just a reminder to all of my readers! I’m currently in the process of trying to raise money for New Hope Academy for Team Toby Mac and the Nashville Half Marathon…if you feel compelled to contribute, please visit my fundraising page!